Saturday 20 April 2024

I've Finally Heard Back From The Hospital

Week 36, and as I'd heard nothing from the hospital for weeks I decided to give them a call, but every time I called all I got was the dreaded recorded message.

I tried again every day for a few days hoping that I'd finally speak to a person, but after continually getting the message I left a message of my own, politely commenting that the message said CT scans took five weeks to come in and that I had been waiting nearly eight weeks for mine.



As if by magic, the next morning a text message appeared from the hospital, and today I had not one but two calls from them, one from my surgeon's secretary booking me in for another x-ray on Monday morning, and another from one of the thoracic nurses calling to find out how I was before she told me that the surgeons and doctors were meeting next week to discuss their cases, including mine.

I have the utmost respect for the way the NHS have cared for me over the past eight months, but it's frustrating that I've had to wait so long since they found out the nasty stuff has returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment