Featured post

What Did Anglo-Force Look Like?

I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator things, generating images for some of the old Anglo-Force characters in a ...

Wednesday 5 August 2020

The Two Sheds Mix Tape #15: Music To Grow Up To

A lot of people’s musical tastes are influenced by their father. Mine was as well, but in a slightly different way.

When I was a young child Dad worked for the council on the dust carts as a bin man, collecting rubbish all around Cromer, from homes and businesses alike. This included one of Cromer’s many cafés . You may know the one I’m talking out. It was a café, then it was a sweet shop, and now it’s a café again.

The café had a jukebox that played the hits of the day, and every so often a man from a company would go to the café and change the singles, giving the old singles to the lady who owned the café. She in turn would give some of the records to my Dad, who in turn would give some of those records to me, my brothers and my sisters.

This was in the early 1970’s, which meant the some of the earliest records I owned came from some of the giants of the Glam Rock world, artists such as David Bowie, Sweet, Slade, T. Rex and Suzi Quatro.

So having launched the Mix Tape series with a collection of songs from the year I was born, here’s some more songs that I listened to when I was a very young child, songs that I grew up listening to, and songs that I continue to listen to today.

1) Diamond Dogs - David Bowie
2) Shotgun Wedding - Roy C
3) Billy Don’t Be A Hero - Paper Lace
4) The Bangin’ Man - Slade
5) Broken Down Angel - Nazareth
6) Whisky In The Jar - Thin Lizzy
7) Block Buster - Sweet
8) Jeepster - T. Rex
9) Life Is A Minestrone - 10cc
10) Mean Girl - Status Quo
11) America - David Essex
12) I Believe (In Love) - Hot Chocolate
13) Rising Sun - Medicine Head
14) Devil Gate Drive - Suzi Quatro
15) Popcorn - Hot Butter
16) Roll Over Beethoven - Electric Light Orchestra
 
Don't forget you can listen to the previous mix tapes and my podcast over at https://www.mixcloud.com/julian-radbourne/

No comments:

Post a Comment