Thursday 4 April 2024

When Dad Played For Cromer Town

A little story for you.

Way back before I was born my Dad William Radbourne played for Cromer Town after he moved here from Solihull in the Midlands after the war. He didn't talk much about his time there, so I have no idea what position he played, or if there are any records of his exploits.

For the last few years I've thought that it would be nice if I could get a replica shirt as a sort of tribute to him, but that seemed quite impossible, seeing as the club ceased to exist last year. A few weeks ago I came across a company on Amazon who sold custom-made football shirts, so I thought that I might as well give it a try.
I couldn't find the exact design among their options, but I thought this was a pretty decent design. I downloaded the badge from the team's Facebook page and chose the number 10 because I was Dad's tenth child.

I know it's a bit cheap and cheerful (about £30 in total), but to me it's a nice tribute to a man I dearly miss, someone I thought about every day since he passed away in June 1991. As I've always said, never forget your roots, and celebrate where you came from.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment