Thursday 14 March 2024

Bye Bye Morphine

This is an example of how bad things are for me.

There were times when I really needed some of this stuff when I was in hospital, mainly after the first chest drain and after the operation. Paracetamol alone just wasn't enough.

They gave me this when I was discharged. It's been sitting on the shelf since then. I haven't needed it, and even if I did I'd probably never take it.


I never felt comfortable having this stuff in the house. I've never been tempted by any alcohol or drug addiction, but the thought was always in the back of my mind that this could ease all of my current physical pain.

It's going down the pharmacy tomorrow when I collect my regular medication, along with the other meds the hospital told me to stop taking after two weeks. Good riddance I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment