Monday 11 March 2024

Bye Bye Morrisons

Sooo.....

You probably saw that I was at Morrisons this morning for a capability meeting. This was to determine if and when I could return to work.

Given my ongoing health problems, and with no end in sight at the moment, the decision was made to terminate my contract and end my employment.



At times like these it would be tempting to launch into a public tirade against the company, but I can't. They've been so good and so supportive over the past few months I really can't fault them, and to be honest this wasn't entirely unexpected, especially as I couldn't give them a date for my return to work.

I've made lots of good friends during my time there, friends who have given me a great deal of support during this awful time.
In particular I'd like to say a big thank you to the home delivery crew for their help over the past few years, especially for the banter.
Will I miss it? Of course I will, especially the 15 per cent discount, but as they said they'd welcome me back if I reapplied, this may not be the end, but just a temporary setback.

So no good-byes, just until next time. (Especially as I'll still be doing my shopping there! 😁)

No comments:

Post a Comment