Monday 31 December 2001

Random Ramblings March

Well, looks like the old crystal ball wasn't working, doesn't it? Looking back on the list I gave in my last column, I didn't list Paul Heyman as Jerry Lawler's replacement on Raw. Guess it had something to do with all those rumours about him joining the creative team. At least I wasn't the only one who got their predictions wrong though. Those rumours of an all-ECW stable rampaging through Raw were a bit wide of the mark.

To be honest, I think Paul did okay, considering he hasn't done commentating on a regular basis for years. Will he be around for the duration? Hard to say. The only way we can see if he has what it takes to step into The King's shoes is by waiting until April 1st. In my opinion, we'll be able to see who Vince McMahon is placing his faith in, when we see who gets the chair next to Jim Ross in Houston.
 

It's not surprising that the WWF haven't granted Lawler his full release yet. My prediction is they'll grant it on April 2nd. Why? How would Lawler appearing on WCW Nitro affect things just a few days before Wrestlemania? Little disappointed that I didn't get the call though from Titan Towers. Oh well! At least I've received other calls.This column should be appearing on three new websites shortly. I've said it before, but stock in Two Sheds, Inc is rising again. Okay, I'm not as omnipresent as Jerry yet, but who knows! And perhaps it will rise even furhter come the 24th.

Work on The Two Sheds Chronicles is proceeding with great pace. Some advertising is in place, I've got a couple of good writers on board, and possibly more on their way. TSC will give me the opportunity to publish some of the work I've done that does not fit in with a wrestling-only format. I'm also pleased with the number of subscribers I currently have, even though I haven't actually done much. I won't say how many I have, exactly, but it has tripled since this time last week.

Well, it seems like my old friend Graysox is causing quite a stir in Chokeslamland with her comments on No Way Out. Although I must disagree with her, because I thought NWO was very good, some of the comments from a certain Mr. Lung do beggar belief. Okay, I admit to not being the most PC of men, but Lung's views of women, and women wrestling fans should find a time machine and go back to the fifties where they belong.

And I know I'm going to sound a bit contradictory, given that Graysox never gives her real name, but as I told someone who insulted me via e-mail a few weeks ago, if you're going to insult someone, be a gentleman and at least introduce yourself properly!

Over in 3:16 land things are progressing towards the big century. Yep, Adam and Jeremy are celebrating 100 issues. The 3:16 Report website is the first site my column appeared on, and I would like to publicly congratulate these fellas for the fine work they put in. Here's to the next 100! And I've finally made it back into print!

The latest edition of the Wrestling's Last Hope fanzine has just come out. A pity that many outside of the UK won't see my piece, but c'est la vie!

One thing I'm going to have to close down is the Chris Benoit v Ken Shamrock Wrestlemania match campaign. Still, if the rumours are true, I'm still going to get one great actual wrestling contest in Benoit v Angle.

And still on the subject, if Shawn Michaels isn't going to wrestle at WMX-7, wouldn't it be a great way to re- introduce him into the fold as a colour commentator?

Now, I missed the first hour of Raw, but here in Britain, instead of finishing at midnight, it finished at quarter two. This leads me to believe that something was cut out, and I have a feeling I know what! This totally contradicts Sky's policy towards their late-night wrestling programmes, saying that they will remain uncut.

Now, before I go, I would just like to reassure all of you that although the foot and mouth disease outbreak here in Britain is spreading, I do not live in a quarantine area, and the virus can't be contracted via the internet! Cheery bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment