Sunday 31 December 2000

Summerslam 2000 Preview

Welcome everyone to The Shed. Before I go on, I'd just like to say that I'm keeping The Sheds Poll open for a while longer - sadly, I only received THREE votes - so please, I'm begging ya! The question was - Who do you think has made the easiest transistion from wrestling to acting?

And now.... THE TWO SHEDS PREVIEW In this segment, I will preview the matches at Summerslam, giving my views on them. This will be followed next week by The Two Sheds Review. So here goes.
 

X-PAC V ROAD DOGG - Why is JR hyping what's left of DX as the greatest team going when they have never won tag gold together? This team is good, but Road Dogg and Bad Ass were better! Why do I get the feeling that the aforementioned Mr. Gunn may be making an appearance? My prediction - X-Pac, but only just.

THE KAT V TERRI - Puppies! Kittens! Thongs! Yes, I know I sound like a sexist pig! Word of advice to British readers - either watch the program live, tape it, or watch the re-run next Thursday. Don't watch the re-run next Monday afternoon. They'll probably heavily edit this match. My prediction - I don't care! Just show me the puppies!

TOO COOL/RIKISHI V RTC - Ironic that I should be writing about this match after the last one. RTC is a good gimmick, and it's good to see that Steven Richards has found his WWF role. Will Rikishi turn? I really don't know. But Too Cool need a really good feud. So far,they haven't had one, and I don't think they'll start one here. My prediction - RTC.

VAL VENIS/TRISH STRATUS V EDDY GUERRERO/CHYNA Intercontinental Title Match - So what the hell has happened to Val? His personality is fading so fast people might start comparing him to Bob Backlund! If it wasn't for Trish, people would start snoozing during his matches! My prediction - Trish will probably get pinned in this one - by Chyna me thinks, seeing Eddy and Chyna split up and feuding over IC gold.

SHANE McMAHON V STEVE BLACKMAN Hardcore title match. - Once again nepitism rears it's ugly head, as prodigal son Shane once again gets gold. Blackman had finally found his niche has hardcore champ. My prediction - let's hope Blackman gets the belt back - by smacking Shane upside the head with his kendo stick.

DUDLEYS V HARDYZ V EDGE/CHRISTIAN Tag title/TLC match - If this is just half as good as their Wrestlemania encounter then this could be the match of the night. This one could really steal the show. My prediction - it's in NC, so it will probably be the Hardyz.

TAZZ V JERRY LAWLER - Some have written this week that this is nothing more than a gimmick match. They obviously don't know the full history behind this. This is a fitting tribute to the late, great Gordon Solie, and I hope he enjoys what he sees, wherever he is now. My prediction - love to see The King win, but my feelings say Tazz.

CHRIS JERICHO V CHRIS BENOIT Best of 3 falls - I have gone on record as saying that this is the feud of the year for me, and although I would have liked to see Benoit get another shot at The Rock, perhaps in a best of 3 falls match, this will prove a more than adequate replacement. My prediction - one fall each before the time limit runs out.

THE UNDERTAKER V KANE - Well, we haven't seen this before have we? And who can we blame for this? The Big Show. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have to live through chapter 999,999 of this ongoing feud. The only change here is that The Undertaker is now a Bad Ass and not a Lord of Darkness. My prediction - who cares! I may decide to go to the toilet or something when this one comes on!

THE ROCK V TRIPLE H V KURT ANGLE WWF Championship match - The Rock v Triple H is fast becoming the Hogan v Savage of today. Those two old farts have been at it since the dawn of time, and I get the feeling that we could be seeing the Great One and the Game going on for just as long. Okay, I know Kurt Angle has been thrown into the mix, but as I've just said, I would have preferred another Rock/Benoit battle. This is just a ploy to get SMH away from Triple H and siding up to King Kurt. They could, and should have, picked another way. My predicton - The Rock.

Well, that's The Two Sheds Preview. Please forgive me if I haven't include all the matches (or got some wrong), but as I
write this (Saturday afternon), I haven't seen Smackdown yet, so I know things might change.

Until next time..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment