Saturday 29 June 2024

If You're Happy & You Know It It's Your Meds!

So I'm coming into one of those periods when I don't have a medical appointment. In the past week or so I've had a blood test, an ECG and two mental health assessments.

If you included the paracetamol and ibuprofen I take for the pain (I'm off the codene now for obvious reasons) I'm now on twelve different forms of medication, thirteen if you include the freeze gel I get to help with the pain. That stuff may be cheap but it works wonders.

The blood tests picked up a couple of things, and I'm now in the waiting list for counselling as well. There's more blood tests coming up on the 12th to see how the new meds are doing, before the trip to see the cardiologist at the N&N on the 17th.

I still haven't decided whether to put in a complaint about the way my case was handled back in August yet, the misdiagnosis and the way the reception team were more confrontational than cooperative. The mental health nurse said it might give me closure, but I've told my story so many times now I'm not sure if I want to go through it again, or what it could achieve.

After all, it won't get me the year I've lost back. I won't get my job back, and it definitely wouldn't get rid of the physical and mental scars I've acquired during that time. I'd probably get an apology from the surgery but I'd hear nothing from the locum doctor who misdiagnosed me.

Rant over, because I can't think of a way to end this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment