Monday 20 November 2023

Rest in Peace Cuffy

Just learned that my old friend Mark Cuff has passed away after a long illness.

I first met him way back when at the old junior school in the town centre, our paths taking us in different directions until I began working for Morrisons back in 2020, Cuffy having already been there for a few years.

It was a joy to get to know him all over again. He was a hell of a guy, and it was a pleasure to call him friend once again.

But one thing he said to me one day at Morrisons, a few weeks before he was taken ill will always stay with me, especially because of our health problems this year (although mine were nothing compared to his.)

"You and me are the same now. We're both part of the furniture around here."

Sadly that's no longer the case, and although I know I'll recover from my own long-term health problems eventually Cuffy won't ever step foot in there again.
Rest in peace Cuffy. You were a great guy, and it will be strange not seeing you when I get back them.

No comments:

Post a Comment