Monday 20 November 2023

Morning Has Broken

I've grown to love this man's work over the past few years, especially this album, released just a few weeks before I was born.

Which is why I'm putting this here and now. Some may say the following is a bit morbid, but here goes:

Some good friends have passed this year, and my own long-term health problems have left me questioning my own mortality a few times, so if the worse happens I want this song played at my funeral.


Why? Quite simply because it's one of the most wonderful things I've ever heard, sung by one of the kindest and most beautiful souls I've ever learned about.

So if you're my family remember what I've said here. If you're my friend remind my family of my wishes.
And if I do pass before any of you make sure you're there to sing along.

You have your instructions.



No comments:

Post a Comment