Wednesday 18 October 2023

Can Somebody Snap Their Fingers and Make Me Well Again?

I have to admit I really didn't know what to write here at first. I've been out of hospital just over a week now. I'm feeling better, but I don't feel anywhere near how I felt before I first contacted my GP back in August and told her how ill I felt (and we all know how that went over the next couple of weeks.)
 
My back and side still hurt from where the chest drains were inserted, and it still feels weird not having to carrying around a plastic pot with me. I'm still having to walk around with a stick most of the time because I'm still quite unsteady on my feet. 
Thankfully my hunger has returned. For eight weeks or so I found it difficult to eat anything, which is one of the reasons I lost so much weight. I'm probably eating as much as I used to pre-pneumonia.
 
But my main problem is that there's so much I want to do but I can't do it because my body won't let me. If I do too much too quickly I get quite breathless, start to cough and I have to rest up for a while.
 
It's frustrating because there's so much I want to do, simple things that normal people probably take for granted. For instance I haven't actually been into Cromer since early-August. I haven't been able to simply wander around town popping into various shops just to have a nose around. I haven't been able to poke around the local charity shops in search of a bargain or two. It's simple things like this that I miss the most.
 
So what's next on the agenda? The various doctors at the hospital told me that it could take two to three months to make a full recovery. I've got check-ups and x-rays booked for December.
 
I'd love it if somone could snap their fingers and return me to full fitness "just like that". If only live was that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment