Friday 16 June 2023

The Young Women of Today and the Old Women of Tomorrow

As I stood at the bus stop the other day I couldn’t help but overhear two conversations from two different groups of women, one group of advanced years and one group more or less just starting their journey in adult life, and when I heard just how different these two conversations were it occurred to me that when the younger women reach old age they probably won’t sound anything like the older women do now.

“I couldn’t believe it! I like fell over and I couldn’t get up! And I was like oh my god, I’ve broken my hip! So I had to like call the ambulance people, and when they came to get me they were like oh my god, you’ve broken your hip! But it was well cool because the hospital people were like we’re going to give you a titanium hip, which was well cool! So I can like walk now without walking sticks!”

Things really will be different sixty years from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment