Saturday 6 April 2019

Is This Sexist?

My friends, I have a question for you all.

Every now and then some of my female friends post and share pictures of male celebrities Facebook, celebrities such as Gerard Butler, Tom Hardy, Hugh Jackman, etc, and more often than not they're accompanied by a tag line which basically says "Woooo! Here you go ladies! Here's a photo of a handsome chap to brighten your day!"

My question is this: is this sort of thing actually sexist towards men?


Let me put it this way. Look at the photo. This is Torrie Wilson, She's a former fitness model and professional wrestler. This weekend she's being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

If I had posted this photo with the tag line "Here you go fellas! Here's a photo of a gorgeous blonde to brighten your day!" would that be considered sexist? And if it is, then why isn't a post featuring Tom Hardy without his shirt on considered sexist?

I'm intrigued to see what kind of comments I'll get here. As someone who grew up in the 70's & 80's I know that there are certain things people can't do and say now. But I guess what I'm trying to find out is does sexism work both ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment