Saturday 26 January 2019

I'm Jumping on the Bandwagon

Some of you may have heard that there's a film about professional wrestling coming out soon. "Fighting With My Family" tells the story of WWE superstar Paige and her family, the Knights, a family I had a close association with a few years ago when I worked for the World Association of Wrestling. Well, I say worked, I was more of a volunteer.

Well, a few years ago I decided to remove all WAW-related content because of all of the s**t I was getting. (Cheap plug: read my reasons by clicking on this link!) As I was nearing my 40th birthday I really was pi**ed off at the treatment I was getting from them and their associates.

But despite cutting my ties with them and their associates it's been quite difficult to ignore them, especially with the youngest of their clan carving out a successful career for herself with the world's largest wrestling company.

So, with all the hype surrounding the film, as well as the hype surrounding their upcoming Fightmare 3 show at Norwich City's Carrow Road football stadium, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon.

You see, I've got a ton of stuff on my USB memory stick, live show reviews, DVD reviews, and articles promoting WAW and it's talent, sitting there doing nothing. Ricky Knight, the head of the Knight Dynasty doesn't want to use it to promote his company, even though quite a few people have told me over the years that if it wasn't for these articles they wouldn't have taken an interest in British wrestling, let alone WAW. It really is a waste, because there's some really good stuff there that's gathering dust as it were.

Which is why I've made the following decision. I've decided to let bygones be bygones and to jump on the bandwagon and say f**k it and put the stuff back up on my blog.

So over the next few weeks and months (basically whenever I can be ar**ed) I'll be reposting most of the stuff here. Most of it will probably feel quite dated now, but it may as well see the light of day again.

Why am I doing this? It's simple. I'm not doing this to promote WAW, the Knight Dynasty, the film or their upcoming show. I'm doing this to get a few more hits for this blog using the power of social media and hashtags.

Who knows, maybe after reading a few of these I might get an invitation to the film's British premier or to that big wrestling show at Carrow Road. Probably not though.

Oh, and as Ricky keeps posting this video from my YouTube channel on his Facebook page:

(Although his hyping of the video isn't working! It's got less than a thousand views!)

#waw #fightingwithmyfamily #fightmare3 #twoshedsreview

No comments:

Post a Comment