Thursday 27 December 2018

A Natural vs. an Unnatural End

I have to admit I've been feeling a bit odd lately. You see, my part-time job at QD here in Cromer ended last Saturday. I thought I would feel upset, but in truth I haven't. In fact I've felt the complete opposite.


I suppose this is because I'm comparing this situation to the last job I lost. My time at QD came to a natural end simply because my temporary contract ended, while my job at Claws 'N' Paws ended in a very messy way.

On my final day at QD the boss shook my hand and thanked me for my work. On my final day at Claws 'N' Paws I found out I'd lost my job when I saw the re-possession notice on the front door, and the only confirmation of I got off this was a twelve-line message telling me the business had gone bankrupt.

I left QD knowing that I'll be getting my final day's pay and my documents within the next couple of weeks. I left Claws 'N' Paws being told that I wouldn't be getting any documents, and even though I've managed to get some redundancy pay I'm still owed nearly twenty day's worth of wages and holiday pay.

The only thing these two situations have in common is that in both cases I've made friendships that will probably last me for the rest of my life. It's just a shame that the powers-that-be at Claws 'N' Paws treated me so badly that the bad taste will probably linger for the same length of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment