Monday 31 December 2001

Random Ramblings May

Alas, I'm going to start by discussing some sad news. A few days ago, my favourite female wrestling columnist, Graysox, announced that she was giving up writing for a while. I can understand her reasons for doing this, but I am still saddened nonetheless. In an Internet world that seems to be dominated by men, her views on the wrestling world were truly refreshing. I will miss her twice weekly updates. I would also never have probably heard of one of the sites I write for, Pro Wrestling Columns (www.prowrestlingcolumns.com). Ah well, I hope she enjoys her time off. Have fun my young friend. (Boy do I sound old here!)

Anyway, Judgement Day is now history. It wasn't surprising that the Austin/Taker match was made no holds barred. Austin is a damned good wrestler, but only seems to get the crowd reaction when he's brawling. Guess this is the old school in me talking again.

While the event had some good matches, the best of all had to be the tag-team turmoil match. I had a feeling that Chris Benoit would turn out to be Chris Jericho's mystery partner. At first, I thought it would either be someone from the WWF who hadn't been seen in a while, Al Snow, or someone like that, or perhaps one of the WCW men.

Now I hear that the two Canadian Chris' are tag-team champions. (Don't forget we Brits don't get Raw until Fridays) About time my fellow Canadians got to the top again. (Before anyone says anything, I am British, but my paternal grandmother was born in Canada. This means that not only am I eligible to play football for England, but I can play for Canada as well.) To keep things fresh, I'd like to see Benoit and Jericho in an extended feud with the so-called Two Man Powertrip.

Another thing I heard about Raw - the Big Show is Hardcore champion, again? Please, someone tell me this is a lie! Rhyno was one of the best things that ever happened to that belt!I hope the man-beast gets the title back PDQ. I've never been a fan of the big goof (I SAID GOOF!) I keep hearing how he lost all that weight down in Ohio, yet he still looks the same to me.

Something I read on the Internet was a complaint about the Chyna/Lita angle, mainly because their angle didn't involve in them hating each other and wanting to tear each other's hearts out. My reply to this - so? I thought it was very refreshing to see an angle like this - a spot of friendly rivalry, as it were. No harm in that at all.

I agree with everything Jerry Lynn said about Judgement Day and the Light-Heavyweight championship. This belt is in the hands in one of the best wrestlers in the company, and should be defended at each and every pay-per-view. Just look at the athletes that could fit into the division - Lynn himself, X-Pac, Justin Credible, Spike Dudley, Crash Holly, Kai En Tai, the Hardys, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, and probably many more.

The interesting news item from last week was about Fully Loaded becoming Invasion. May I make my prediction now - Stone Cold v Booker T for the main event.

My article last week about Jerry Lawler earned a great deal of response. Out of common courtesy, I forwarded a copy of the article to The King himself. I received an AOL receipt for it, so I know that he has at least opened it. No reply yet, but I'll let you know what he says!

May I just say a quick and big thanks to the WAW people, who continue to be friendly and courteous in their dealings with me. I hope that Martin Marshall gets his computer sorted out soon, so I can get some of that research material, and finally get those WAW newspaper and magazine articles written!

Do any of you remember the review I gave to the PC game Extreme Warfare 2? Well, a newer, updated version came out a couple of weeks ago. Just thought you'd like to know.

Finally, tomorrow (Wednesday 23rd), is the second anniversary of Owen Hart's death. To mark the occasion, in my newsletter, "The Two Sheds Chronicles", I will be reprinting some of my articles about Owen. I know this may sound like I'm just trying to get more subscribers, but to read them, either send a blank e-mail to twoshedschronicles-subscribe@topica.com, or log onto www.topica.com/lists/twoshedschronicles/read. Some have said that my first article about Owen, written just days after his death, is one of the best pieces I have written. Please give it a look.

Until then - remember Owen for a few moments tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment