Monday 31 December 2001

Random Ramblings January

A lot has gone on since my last regular column, before my awards thing, so I'm going to talk about a few things here.

This whole Lita/Malenko thing could be played a little better, and it could re-elevate the WWF Light-Heavyweight title again. Think of this  possibility - Jeff wrestles Malenko and wins thetitle. Uncle Vince orders a number 1 contenders match for the title - between Matt and Malenko. Matt wins after Lita interferes, setting up a title bout at the Rumble. Matt and Jeff begin to argue quite a bit, causing them to lose a couple of tag matches. This infuriates Lita. Meanwhile, Malenko badgers the powers that be into making the Rumble match a threeway dance. Malenko wins - with Lita's help. Lita dumps the Hardys and joins with Malenko.
 

Or how about this for a booking idea - in ECW, tag-champs Danny Doring and Roadkill, having wiped out all competition, demand better challengers. Paul Heyman promises top notch opponentsfor Guilty as Charged. The PPV comes around, and the opponents are none otherthan THE DUDLEYS. A hard fought match leads to a double count-out or something.

Straight after, the Dudleys win WWF gold, and dominate everyone. At the Rumble, Edge and Christian, their opponents, are attacked and fail to show for their match. Their replacements - Doring and Roadkill. This sets up another great match, again ending in a countout, or DQ.

This would serve two purposes, one - it would make for a good inter-promotion storyline. Two - it could get ECW the national exposure they need right now.

And now onto other things.....

Welcome to DSD land Junkpile and Graysox - as recommended by Two Sheds.

Is anyone apart from me pissed off with the way Bravo is treating ECW programming?

And speaking of Bravo, is it me or are they chopping Nitro again?

The Fast Show - the end of an era.

I see Nobohiku Takada is facing Ken Shamrock in a tag-match at the Osaka Dome in Japan tomorrow night. I remember seeing Takada on the old Bushido shows on Sky and Bravo, and after becoming a fan, thinking that Takada v Shamrock would make a great match-up.
Although unlikely, I would love to see a tape of tomorrow night's match.
 
While I'm on the subject - how about Takada v Benoit?

I've also been watching some of the World's Strongest Man programs on the BBC over Christmas. It was while watching this that I began to see where Mark Henry's problems in the WWF where. Henry was built for strength, and not really for speed and stamina.Hopefully his time in Ohio will help him out.

I also began to wonder if any of those big fellas would make it in thewrestling world. Apart from one German fella, whose name I forget right now, I didn't see any. Little Rey Rey would have those guys puffing in no time.

The Rock as Henry McCoy in the X-Men? No way! First we get Lash Le Roux as Gambit, now old DJ as our favourite, blue-furred scientist? As a longtime X-Men fan, I must protest!

Mick Foley making a comeback against Vinny Mac at WM17? Why am I having my doubts about this?

Princess Steph getting doused in Bud? Well, if old Stone Cold had been using Belgian beer, then I would have been on the phone calling my local MP!

I really hope ECW gets their problems sorted out in 2001.

Same goes for WCW. I may not like much of what they do, but hey, the WWF needs competition.

Well, I can't really think of much else to say.

Special thanks to Jerry, LA, David, Michael, Adam, Jack Hensley, Graysox, Basil Richards, Laura Francis, James Gallagher, Jordan Allsworth, Dave and Steve Green, Luis Tirado Jnr, to all of my family, and even to James Ellis, Mike Aldren, Sara McNeil and Kevin.

To everyone in the world.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment