Monday 31 December 2001

Random Ramblings January Part 2

Well, I made it to the 21st century. Everyone kept telling me that the real 21st century would begin on 1/1/2001. So how do I feel about being in a different century? Well, having watched science fiction films from an early age, years ago, I would have expected to be dressed all in silver at this time, instead of a pair of blue jeans and a new white sweater. Oh well!

So this is the first TSR of 21C. Not much has changed here. So what am I going to talk about today? There's a few thankyous and heys I'd like to get out of the way. Hey and thanks to Jordan Allsworth, for voting me his Column of the Year. I gratefully accept this award. Thanks buddy! Hey to Crusher! Thanks for the email with regards to what I said about the World's Strongest Man Competition, and Mark Henry. For anyone who cares, Crusher is an old friend of multiple-time World's Strongest Man winner and former WCW star Bill Kazmaier! And Graysox! How you doing? Thanks for the email! Nice to know that someone likes what I do! I would send you the proverbial bunch of flowers, but the garden centre is closed for the holidays at the moment! Will a box of chocolates do? And finally to Basil Richards, who thinks I should get paid for doing this. I admit now it would be nice to earn a living doing this stuff. I did apply for two advertising jobs, but sadly, my talents were not good enough!

And now onto other things..... You may recall in my last column I said I would be doing a feature reviewing fanzines in the future. Sadly, no replies yet (sniff, sniff). Anyway, I thought I'd lay a few ground rules if anyone would like their fanzines included in a future TSR. 1) If you would like me to review your fanzine, please email me at twosheds316@talk21.com. Please put in the subject box TSR FANZINE REVIEW. I'll then send you information on where to send the fanzine. 2) Please make sure your fanzine is sent to me by 28/2/2001. I know this is a long time from now, but this would give fanzine editors from outside the UK the chance to send their work to me. 3) I'm looking to have the article finished (should I get enough responses) by the end of March. However, if due to unforseen circumstances, you have decided to stop doing your fanzine between the time you send it to me and the publication of the article,  please let me know. 4) If you are unwilling to get any form of negative feedback regarding your work, then please don't reply. I hope that I do get some response from this idea. I promise to be totally unbiased and impartial. I'll be using the usual marks out of ten scoring system. And remember folks - you'll be getting free publicity!

Now onto other things..... Does anyone know the result of the tag-match pitting Ken Shamrock against Nobohiku Takada in Japan on New Year's Eve?

I finally managed to see Beyond The Mat last weekend. A damn good film. I enjoyed the bits with the WWF and WCW, but I must say that I was saddened to see what Jakes Roberts has become now. I'm not ashamed to say that he is one of my all-time favourites. So why is it when I saw Jake I immediatley thought of Scott Hall and Davey Boy Smith?Is it true? Is Eric Bischoff now the proud(?) owner of WCW? If so, what do we have to look forward to? The NWO re-forming for the 764th time, and Hogan v Savage Part 982. Hey, these two will probably still be feuding in the retirement home.

And speaking of Hogan. If he does go back to the WWF in March, here's a booking idea - Hogan comes out on Raw, saying he wants one last WWF match at Wrestlemania. Austin comes out and challenges him. So how about Hogan v Austin at WM17? Or Hogan versus whoever the champ is by then? Hogan v Rock? Hogan v Angle? I don't care who, just as long as Hogan remembers that good old Eric isn't watching his back anymore, and can't expect full creative control. And as long as he isn't facing Savage. Or how about Hogan v HBK? A wild shot here.

Why is it when I see the Angle family, I get the urge to do a Homer Simpson and shout NERDS!

Isn't it annoying when you send someone an email and they don't reply.? Especially when you invite them out for a coffee or something! And isn't it annoying when the man in the pet shop sells you two rabbits, claiming that both are male, when one isn't, and a few months later, low and behold, you've got a few more rabbits?

To be honest, I really can't think of anything else to talk about. I knew when I started to talk about my rabbits that it was time to end this column. But before I go, I thought I would run a little quiz. Normally, when I end a column, I say "until next time", but this is getting a little stale, a little old hat. So I thought I'd try something different, and run a little quiz while doing so. (Sorry, Basil, you've already seen this, so you're DQed.) The following farewell is taken from a old ITV lunchtime show from the 1970's. I will give a TSR Award to the first person who tells me the name of the show it came from, and the name of the person who said it. Here goes..... I'LL SEE THEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment