Sunday 31 December 2000

Random Ramblings

Hey folks! How is everyone! A few words to Sam Jerry, of Rounding the Squared Circle fame - the TRUE inspiration to last week's column. Sorry Jordan, you should have told me! And a big hey to Junkpile!

This week, I had intended to write about The Undertaker, one of my all time favourites, but I changed my mind at the last minute. You see, probably like many of the writers of this fine publication, I also receive many other wrestling newsletters, as I'm sure many of you do as well. It was in a rival newsletter the other day that I saw something rather distasteful - I will not name names here - writer A was criticising writer B because writer B only wrote about the WWF. In response to this, I say - so what's the big deal? If this person wants to write solely about the WWF, then so what?In the upcoming weeks and months, I will probably be writing more about the WWF than any of the other feds. The reason for this is simple - I like the WWF, and watch the WWF, more than I do any other federation. This is because I think that WCW is severely lacking in program content and storylines, and ECW, well, I haven't been watching it that long to form a really credible (no offence Justin) opinion on matters there. Lack of decent programmes and PPVs in Britain is the reason behind this.

So to writer B, I say this - don't let writer A put you off. You are a fine writer, and if you only want to write about the WWF, then carry on. After all, does anyone criticise Ray Bradbury or Arthur C. Clarke for writing just science fiction novels?Now I've got that off my chest - I know this is a non-wrestling matter - but I would like to urge all in Britain to go and see the new X-Men film when it comes out on the 18th! I've been a fan since I could talk, so I'm really looking forward to this.Finally, the main event for Summerslam - The Rock v Triple H AGAIN? Okay, so Kurt Angle has been thrown into the mix, but come on! Enough already! It's obvious that this is being set up so either Kurt or Triple H will turn babyface. So what happened to the Rock/Benoit fued? This had the makings for the feud of the year, and now it's suddenly gone! Come on Vince McMahon!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment