Thursday 24 January 2019

From Pet Shop to Pie Shop

I have to admit I'm feeling a bit depressed today. Seeing these photos on Facebook were an untimely reminder of just how things have gone these past few months or so. 

Don't get me wrong, I wish the Norfolk Pie Man all the best in his new venture, but for me personally it's just a shame that he was able to take over the building in the first place. What happened there could probably have been avoided.

What doesn't help is when you see pictures like this on Facebook, of your ex-boss celebrating Christmas with a glass of bubbly in her hand, just three months after she's told you that she lost everything when her husband was declared bankrupt. It helps that I was able to get some compensation from HMRC after I lost my job, but she'd probably still tell me that she can't afford to pay me the near £1,000 in wages and holiday pay she still owes me.

Well, she would tell me that if she hadn't blocked me on Facebook, and WhatsApp. And if she hadn't changed her mobile number.

So good luck to the Norfolk Pie Man, and I hope all goes well with his new shop.

PS - Pie Man, if you still have that water bottle and USB memory stick I left behind in the shop can you send them back to me please?

No comments:

Post a Comment