Featured post

What Did Anglo-Force Look Like?

I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator things, generating images for some of the old Anglo-Force characters in a ...

Sunday 1 August 2010

Mike Aldren Responds

Following on from my recent article about Mike Aldren and the recent accusations towards Dawn Marie Psaltis' Wrestler’s Rescue charity, the man himself contacted me earlier today:



“I would like to point out that I have never accused Dawn of anything more than avoiding reasonable questions regarding Wrestlers Rescue.

This is my first public statement on the matter. My recent quote to Irv Muchnick was based on correspondence with Dawn's own attorney, her friends, former friends, wrestlers who donated items for auction, and reputable promoters in the industry.

As noted, for years I have helped to promote Dawn's fund raising activities. If she doesn't have anything to hide, why doesn't she answer the last two lines of questions? It shouldn't be that hard.

Unless Dawn open the books and demonstrates clear and without any hint of impropriety the fact these records are immaculate, I cannot see how anyone can continue to promote and support Wrestlers Rescue.

The sole criterion for slander/libel/defamation is the ignorance of facts, and the distortion of known and provable truths in order to MALICIOUSLY harm the other person. They must prove, with a preponderance of the evidence, that someone acted with malicious intent.

That being the case, I cannot see how she can sue me or anyone else.”

I have to admit that I found this response quite surprising. Given our history I half expected Mike to go into one of his vitriolic rampages. It certainly will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few days, especially as both sides seem happy to throw challenges to each other via the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment