Monday 14 August 2023

Still Miss You Lots Madam

With everything I've had to do today, I only noticed just now from the Facebook memories thing that today is the third anniversary of Frodo's passing.

Frodo was by far the most affectionate and caring cat I've ever known. We often called her the mother of our furry family, although you could say she was the mother of all of us here, human and animal.

She always made the effort to make sure that everyone was okay. Every day, when I got up, or when I came home, while whatever combination of dogs we had greeted me in their usual enthusiastic way, Frodo would sit at the opposite end of the sofa looking on, and after the dogs finished with their hugs and kisses Frodo would come over and site on my lap and greet me with a hug and nuzzle from her nose.



Another example of how caring she was was during Snowy's final years. The old boy had a particularly bad upset tum one day and was quite ill, so much so that we thought we were going to lose him. Frodo, along with a very young Monty, never left his side as he recovered.

Frodo was like that up until the end, even in the days leading up to her passing not long after her 15th birthday. I'm not ashamed to admit I shed quite a few tears when I woke up that morning to be told she'd passed away.

2020 was a tough year for us here with all the uncertainty around the pandemic and lockdowns, but by far the worse thing for me was losing Frodo and our other young tabby cat Marina that year.

Still miss you lots Madam.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment