Sunday 31 March 2019

Apparently I Never Worked for Claws 'N' Paws

To say that at this moment I'm angry and frustrated would be an understatement.

Two months ago I instigated Employment Tribunal proceedings against my former employer at Claws 'N' Paws, Helen SIdell, in an attempt to get the wages and holiday pay she still owed me after the closure of the business. It had been my hope that the matter would be sorted during the conciliation process, before the scheduled tribunal date on June 14th, but after having recieved an e-mail from the tribunal service this morning I learned that this wasn't going to be the case.

Why? Because Helen responded to my claim by saying that she never employed me, and that I never worked for her company.


This, quite frankly, is ridiculous, and given everything that I did for her during my time at the shop, this is also quite hurtful as well.

The tribunal service have asked me to provide evidence that I worked for Helen, and I've spent the past two hours printing off Facebook and WhatsApp conversations, a copy of the letter she sent me the day the shop closed, and copies of my bank statements showing that I was employed by the company. These items will be posted to the tribunal service tomorrow.

It had originally been my intention not to post anything here about my case until it was over, but what I've read today once again shows just how badly Helen has treated her former employees, and I think it's a damn shame that we're still having to sort out this mess more than six months after the business closed.

If Helen's so intent on wiping Claws 'N' Paws from her history then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment