Saturday 20 June 2020

Speaking Out Again

I've been watching the growing #SpeakingOut movement for the past day or so. It's now reached the point where it contains both women and men, with people not just speaking about the sexual abuse they've gone through but also the physical, emotional and verbal abuse they've had to take from those in the wrestling business.

I did consider adding my own experiences to this list, but I said my piece a few years ago, and even though there were some things I could have added I think it's best to shine the light on the brave men and women who have shown the courage to speak out against their abusers.

The fact is that there are many practices in the professional wrestling business that date back decades, and while some may think it's okay to continue with these they forget that times have changed and that we've moved you. If the Black Lives Matter movement has taught us anything recently is that you can't continue to put people in the business down, no matter what job they do. It doesn't matter if it's someone coming into the business for the first time or if it's someone whose been in the business for decades, everyone should be treated with the respect they deserve.

To the people who have spoken out, once again I applaud you. Stay strong, and as the old saying goes don't let the b*****ds grind you down.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment