Monday 31 December 2007

Lee Hurst Live - Video Review

The name of Lee Hurst hasn’t been heard a lot lately. The man who came to national prominence as David Gower’s sidekick on They Think It’s All Over has kind of dropped off the face of the planet since he left the show a few years ago, which is why I was anxious to get my hands on Lee Hurst Live, a video of his stand-up act from 1997.

Having been brought up on a staple diet of Kay, Spikey & Bailey recently, this in no way prepared me for Hurst’s performance. Compared to those I just mentioned, Hurst’s performance was okay, but for the most part it was highly uninspiring. In fact, I can’t remember a single joke or routine from this video, which is quite unusual when I watch a video of this kind.

In short, I’m glad I got this from the bargain section of a second-hand video store.

No comments:

Post a Comment