Featured post

What Did Anglo-Force Look Like?

I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator things, generating images for some of the old Anglo-Force characters in a ...

Monday 31 December 2007

Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned Live - Video Review

So what’s so special about two blokes sitting on a sofa, talking about everything and nothing? It’s a scene that’s repeated the world over, and you would have thought that it wouldn’t make for interesting viewing.


That’s not the point with Baddiel & Skinner Unplanned. After the success of their ITV show, they took their show on the road, releasing this video of their 2001 tour.

So what’s the plan all about. That’s just it. David Baddiel & Frank Skinner have no plan. They turn up at the theatre, ask for the audience to ask them questions, and basically talk to each other, trading friendly insults, insulting each other’s religions and hometowns.

So why does this format work so well? I really have no idea. It’s probably because Baddiel & Skinner work so well as a team, and it’s a team that’s been formed through years of friendship.

And it’s certainly a format that transfers well to the larger theatre format. I have to admit then when first viewing this video, I had my doubts that this live performance would be as good as the television show. Those doubts were quickly proved to be unfounded.

So what you have here is two old friends, sitting on a sofa, talking about everything and nothing. There’s some classic quotes here, but if you want to hear them, I guess you’re going to have to buy the video.

Although I’m going to let you in on a little secret here - the only reason I brought this video - not because I’m a big fan of the show, or of David Baddiel or Frank Skinner, but because I found it by accident in Poundland in Norwich. Possibly one of the wisest investments I have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment