Wednesday 18 December 2002

18th December 2002

Well, it's exactly a week before Christmas. The original Psycho (a film I've never actually seen the entire way through) is on television, and you know what, I feel fucking great.

    This has to be the best I've felt this year. I literally haven't felt this fucking good in ages. Finally, there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

    I've got my next check-up with the doc in a few days. Not long ago, I would have been dreading this visit. But this time, I'm not, and if it's okay with the doc, I'm going to come off the drugs. I don't want to spend the rest of my life taking a bunch of pills just so I feel a little better. Life just isn't like that.

    And you want to know something else? I've got the bug again, the writing bug. If I'm going to be totally honest with you here, whenever I've written, a show review, a weekly wrestling column, whatever, in the past few months, I've always thought of it as a chore. I didn't enjoy having to write, but in recent days, the bug has come over me again. I've sat down at the desk, and started to plan the next incarnation of the Anglo-Force stories; character development, plot lines, story ideas, it's all in the works. All I've got to do now is decided what media to try and get the stories published in.

    Today, I also received two Christmas cards from the people I used to work with. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy receiving Christmas cards. It shows that people, in a small way, do care. But it's the way I received them that really pissed me off. One wasn't even addressed properly, and the other was just stuffed through my letter box. They didn't even knock on the door to say hi or anything.


    Well screw 'em, I say. I could go on about all the favours I did for them when I worked with them, but what's the point? I've cleaned out my closet enough in the past few weeks.

    Hey, Janet Leigh just got murdered in Psycho! This is the first time I've actually seen this when it hasn't just been a clip from the film!

    I am really looking forward to this Sunday, and Rowdy Ricky Knight's big birthday bash. If someone had told me eighteen months ago that the Rowdy Man would be a good mate of mine, I'd have said they were fucking stupid. But this year, with his help, my reputation in the British wrestling community has apparently grown somewhat. And of course, if he hadn't been around, helping me out along the way, 2002 could have been a whole lot more difficult. Happy birthday Rowdy Man!

    But this Sunday will also be the last chance I have this year of catching up with the WAW gang, sharing a few drinks and a few memories of what happened this year. These guys are my true friends, that is something I have learned this year. Sure, they may criticize my writing sometime, but who hasn't! At least they read my stuff, unlike those idiotic smart marks over at the UK Fan Forum! (Assholes!)

    Two days before that my old homestead is receiving a royal visitation. The Hyacinth Bucket of the family has deemed us important enough to visit, so she can spread Christmas cheer! Someone will probably tell what I've written about here, but who cares? She doesn't approve of this website after all! Anyway, I'm not going to let one person's opinion stop me from having a home on the world-wide web! I know someone out there enjoys reading this crap, just as much as I enjoy writing it, which is something I couldn't say a few months ago!

    Well, I'm off to take my chill pill, and to watch the rest of Psycho. I'm sure we've got that on video around here somewhere. Which reminds me, I've still got about six months worth of videos to sort out and put on the shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment