Monday 18 March 2019

RE-POST: 1 Stop Wrestling 2nd April 2003

In the past few months, some people have heavily criticised me for the way that I defend WAW, particularly when so-called "smart marks" lash out at anyone connected with the company, including yours truly.

Regular visitors to my website, particularly those who read my Personal Journals section, will know that in the summer of 2002 I suffered a nervous breakdown. I won't go into the exact circumstances here, but for many months I suffered from severe depression.

If it wasn't for the men and women associated with WAW, I very probably wouldn't have gotten through any of the personal traumas I was going through. Each and every person, in their own way, helped me through my illness, from the people who would e-mail me once a week asking me how I was, to the people who would make time to talk to me before and after shows, right up to a certain woman insisting that I telephone her every day, just to let her know I was okay.

Wrestling, and WAW, very probably saved my life last year. They not only supported me, but my family as well, in our hour of need. Without these people, 2002 could have been a whole lot worse for me.

This is why when WAW is attacked and insulted, I feel attacked and insulted as well. These people aren't just my friends, they are my family, in all but name.

As I told this certain woman not long ago, I couldn't have done it without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment