Tuesday 31 January 2012

And They Wonder Why This Country Dislikes Banks?

2002: Bank of Scotland tell me that because my clinical depression wasn't diagnosed by a fully qualified shrink I can't claim my credit card insurance, despite the fact that I was under the care of my GP and several officials from the local health authority, who all said that I was in no condition to work. They then set their debt collector attack dogs on me, contributing to my illness.

2011: Bank of Scotland tell me that after reviewing some old cases that I may be able to claim on my old insurance after all.

Today: Bank of Scotland, after studying my medical records from 2002-05 tell me that because my clinical depression wasn't diagnosed by a fully qualified shrink I can't claim my credit card insurance, despite the fact that I was under the care of my GP and several officials from my local health authority, who all said that I was in no condition to work between 2002 and 2005. Thankfully I've managed to see off the attack dogs, having cleared most of my debt.

And they wonder why the country is losing faith with the bankers!

No comments:

Post a Comment