Wednesday 12 May 2010

WWE Heroes #2 - Comic Review

Imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when Ricky Claydon of Titan Publishing e-mailed me asking me to review issue two of WWE Heroes, especially as I thought that my review of issue one was just a one shot deal.



So for those of you who don’t know the story, it’s about two immortal warriors, the Shadow King and the Firstborn, who have been battling since the dawn of time. Now, the King think’s he’s found his nemesis in the 21st century, and he’s a WWE superstar.

Issue two sees the Shadow King’s followers paying a visit to the grand daddy of them all, Wrestlemania. As the main event between the Undertaker and Triple H is taking place, the cronies, convinced that the Firstborn is in attendance, take over the building in a style that even the best terrorist group would be proud of.

Now in case you haven’t read it yet, I won’t divulge any more details, so we’ll move on to the review.

As with the first issue, it’s extremely well written and drawn, and the story continues to intrigue me. But there’s one thing that struck me. This comic definitely isn’t aimed at the same audience that WWE currently aims their television shows at. It’s very violent, shows some of the characters bleeding, as well as a few deaths. If anything this story would have gone down a storm during the Attitude era. But it’s definitely not for family reading.

But that being said, it’s still an enjoyable read, and if you haven’t got your copy yet, then what are you waiting for? Me, I’m waiting for the graphic novel version, as I prefer reading these type of stories in one go.


WWE Heroes #2
WWE HEROES #1

No comments:

Post a Comment