Thursday 4 September 2003

4th September 2003

Hey J-Raddicts. What's up. It's that time of the month again when this ageing hack let's you know what's going on in his life, stuff he can't tell you in his regular wrestling column because there's tons of people around the world who probably don't give a shit. Which is why this column is exclusive to this website.

    The good news is that this coming Monday, I reach the next stage of my treatment as I have my first counseling sessions scheduled. If truth be known, I'm petrified. I've got to go through a ton of shit to get back to where I was before all of the other shit went down. It's something I've got to do.

    I'm still keeping in touch with some friends that I made in the wrestling business. These guys have been great. Some of the guys I thought would call haven't, but I'm not going to sit around in front of my computer waiting for an e-mail or next to my telephone waiting for a call. Life's far too short for that.

    The writing is going really well, probably the best it has been since 2001, when I would sometimes churn out three wrestling columns a week for The Chokeslam and the DSD. Man, I miss those old newsletters. I enjoyed writing for them, and I enjoyed reading them, but for some reason, e-mail wrestling newsletters seem to be a dying breed these days. I used to get tons of them, now I only get two. Guess web sites are the way to go these days.

    I've also been shooting off tons of e-mails to wrestlers abroad in the hope that one of these guys will grant me an interview. I know these guys are busy with the road schedules, but hopefully just one of them will take the time to at least answer my e-mails. I won't say who I've e-mailed who or out of all of them I'd like to interview the most. All I will say is that some of them would easily make my Hall of Fame web site.

    While on the subject of interviews, I'm hoping to conduct my first music-related interview sometime within the next few weeks. Again, I'm not going to say who this is, but all I will say is that if you're expecting an interview with a mega-star, then this web site isn't the place to look. It's kind of a personal project of mine. Want more information? You'll have to wait and see.

    Big news as far as this web site goes as it registered it's 3,000th hit a couple of days ago. Okay, I know that this isn't much, considering this site has been up and running for over two years now, but hey, it's a landmark, it's my landmark, and I'm damn proud of it. I've worked hard at putting this little web home of mine.

    Seriously though, I'd just like to say a big thanks to all of the people who have supported me in my writing career, all the people who have encouraged me, and all the people who have taken the time out drop me a line after reading one of my articles. I couldn't have done it without you guys, but hey, please take a few minutes to tell someone about this site. A few extra hits would help!

    On the subject of self-promotion, having gained acclaim on a world-wide basis (sort of), this very web site is being promoted in the links section of the Eastern Daily Press web site, my local newspaper. If you log onto www.edp24.co.uk, and go to the links page, and then to the personal home page section, you'll soon find my link.

    So I hear my old work-colleagues over at WAW have a new web site. Some people have been asking my opinion of it, compared to the web site I used to run for them. All I will say about this is - no comment. You're going to have to get me very drunk or stoned before I spill the beans.

    But returning to seriousness for a short while, I have to admit that a small part of me misses doing the old show reviews. Financial constraints mean that I can't afford to travel around the country to see other wrestling shows, so perhaps Raw and Smackdown reports should become a regular on the old TSR web site.

    Two reviews which could be on this site soon could come from two shows I'll be attending in Norwich soon, as I'll be attending the comedic shows of Mr. David Gorman and Mr. David Spikey. But then again I might just be going to for a laugh.

    I really don't have too much more to talk about at the moment, but before I go, I just want to give a big shout out to a couple of people who have helped me out with the Hall of Fame web site - Richard Pyke and Damian Gray, who have both contributed great articles for the site.

    And finally to SamJerry, who continues to send me tons of stuff for the TSR Funnies site. I literally have tons of jokes and stuff to add, the guy keeps me that busy.

    Look after yourselves, and keep your feedback coming in. Your support is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment