Friday 25 December 2020

The Two Sheds Mix Tape 30: Christmas Number 1's

The Christmas number one spot is one of the most sought after prizes in the UK music industry. Some of the biggest and greatest stars in the history of recorded music have held the top spot on Christmas Day over the years. Some of them have enjoyed tremendous careers, while others soon vanished from the radar after getting their fifteen minutes of fame on The X-Factor.


So out of the goodness of my heart I’ve decided to give you a second Christmas-related Mix Tape made up of songs that topped the UK charts over the years. I did, however, apply two strict rules while putting together this collection:

1) The song must be taken from the hundreds of albums I have stored on my computer’s hard drive.

2) The song must not be Christmas related.

So here’s the list of twenty songs that made the final cut.

1) Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2) Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
3) I Hear You Knocking - Dave Edmunds
4) Girl’s School - Wings
5) Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2) - Pink Floyd
6)We Can Work It Out - The Beatles
7) Return To Sender - Elvis Presley
8) I Want To Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
9) I Love You - Cliff Richard
10) Day Tripper - The Beatles
11) Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson
12) I Feel Fine - The Beatles
13) Green Green Grass Of Home - Tom Jones
14) Hello Goodbye - The Beatles
15) Don’t You Want Me - Human League
16) Always On My Mind - Pet Shop Boys
17) Somethin’ Stupid - Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman
18) I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
19) Mull Of Kintyre - Wings
20) These Are The Days Of Our Lives - Queen

You can listen to this Mix Tape in full by visiting https://www.mixcloud.com/julian-radbourne/the-two-sheds-mix-tape-30-christmas-number-1s/

You can also listen to the entire Two Sheds Mix Tape collection at https://www.mixcloud.com/julian-radbourne/playlists/the-two-sheds-mix-tapes/



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment