Featured post

What Did Anglo-Force Look Like?

I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator things, generating images for some of the old Anglo-Force characters in a ...

Thursday 27 August 2020

The Two Sheds Mix Tape #18: Silly Songs

A few months ago I wrote about how I watched a programme on the Now 70’s music channel called “Silly Songs”, and how the likes of Little Jimmy Osmond and the Brotherhood of Man had been included on the list.

The programme has been shown quite a few times since then, and each time I’ve seen bits of it most of the songs I’ve seen have reiterated what I said before, that most of the songs included there aren’t that silly, and each time I’ve seen it I’ve always thought that I could put together a better list.

So here it is. I’ve dipped into my vast musical archive and come up with twenty-one silly songs. However, instead of focusing on the 1970’s I’ve focused on the 1950’s and 60’s, and if these songs don’t make you chuckle in a Dr. Hibbert sort of way then you probably need a sense of humour transplant.

1) Right Said Fred - Bernard Cribbins
2) Mad Passionate Love - Bernard Bresslaw
3) Hev Yew Gotta Loight Boy - Allan Smethurst (The Singing Postman)
4) The Ying Tong Song - The Goons
5) Banana Boat (Day-O) - Stan Freberg
6) They’re Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Ha! - Napoleon XIV
7) Monster Mash - Bobby “Boris” Picket & The Crypt Kickers
8) Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah! (A Letter From Camp) - Allan Sherman
9) Mah Na Mah Na - Piero Omilani
10) I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat - Mel Blanc
11) Drink Up Thy Zider - Adge Cutler & The Wurzels
12) Harvest Of Love - Benny Hill
13) The Trouble With Harry - Alfi & Harry
14) Pop Go The Workers - The Barron Knights
15) Come Outside - Mike Sarne & Wendy Richards
16) Goodness Gracious Me - Peter Sellers & Sofia Loren
17) Don’t Jump Off The Roof Dad - Tommy Cooper
18) I’m The Urban Spaceman - Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
19) The Laughing Gnome - David Bowie
20) Lily The Pink - The Scaffold
21) Goodbye-Ee - Peter Cook & Dudley Moore


Don't forget you can listen to the previous mix tapes and my podcast over at https://www.mixcloud.com/julian-radbourne/

No comments:

Post a Comment