Sunday 17 May 2020

Introducing The Two Sheds Mixtape!

If you've been listening to my The Two Sheds Review Podcast in recent weeks (and why haven't you?) you'll know that I've been considering launching a spin-off of sorts, a podcast where I play and talk about my favourite songs over the years.

Well, now I can officially unveil the launch of The Two Sheds Mixtape. This will basically be a series of podcasts in which I play a collection of songs that have a link with each other, such as the year they were released, songs from artists that have a connection, songs from a particular genre, that sort of thing.

However, I have decided to make one change. Instead of me doing by best Smashy and Nicey impression I'll be uploading the songs to my Mixcloud account where you can listen to them without having to listen to me prattling on about them. Instead I'll include brief descriptions of the songs when I post the episodes here.
 
So what is a mixtape I hear you ask. Back in the day a mixtape was a homemade compilation of songs recorded onto blank cassettes, either 60 or 90 minutes (and sometimes 120 minutes) in length. Some people made them for themselves, while some made them for friends or loved ones. More often than not these mixtapes were compilations made up from 45rpm singles. As time went on the mixtape was replaced by the mixCD, and these days most of us make up playlists on our various media players, with some of them containing thousands of songs.
 
The first of these mixtapes will be uploaded in the next few days, so as the old saying goes, watch this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment