Featured post

What Did Anglo-Force Look Like?

I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator things, generating images for some of the old Anglo-Force characters in a ...

Monday 16 March 2020

It's Not The End of the F**king World! #coronavirus

If you're looking for basic painkillers such as paracetomol and ibuprofen in Cromer you'll be lucky to get any.

I take them twice a day for three long-term injuries, plantar fasciitis (soft tissue damage) in my left foot, frayed cartilage in my right knee, and tendonitis in my right shoulder. Because you're only allowed to buy one pack of each from a shop I normally do the rounds in town once a week or so. I normally buy the cheap stuff because I'm on JSA.

But today was an almost fruitless exercise. Superdrug, Boots and Lloyds had nothing. Iceland only had ibuprofen. Co-Op in the town centre, QD and Morrisons had nothing, although I was able to get some well-known brand name cold capsules in Morrisons, which are quite a bit more expensive than the cheaper Morrisons ones.


It was the same with my allergy pills. I couldn't get the usual ones, so I had to pay far more than I usually pay for an alternative, well-known brand.

It's a really sad situation that despite everything they've been told the majority of the general public are in a mad panic, buying up everything they can without thinking that those of us who are on lower incomes have basic needs that we might not be able to cover now.

So if you're one of those people who feels the need to stock up on cheap snacks because you think armageddon is on it's way then I will say this: grow the f**k up and think of others, because it's not the end of the f**king world.

No comments:

Post a Comment