Sunday 7 July 2019

Cromer High School Blog: A Quick Message for You All

A quick message to you all:

It's been a bit of a hectic 24 hours since I posted my blog about my experiences at Cromer High School, now Cromer Academy. At the time of writing it's been viewed nearby 1,000 times, and has been shared quite a few times on Facebook as well.

I've also had quite a few messages from people far and wide, some who were at Cromer High the same time as me, some from people who were in the same year as me, and some from people I've met and become friends with in the years after. All of them have offered support and praised me for speaking out about my experiences back in the 80's.


Depression is nothing to be ashamed of, and I've nothing to be ashamed of. I've had two major bouts of depression, and I recieved further treatment late last year after I lost my job. (A lot of you probably know what happened there.)

Bullying, along with mental illness, can be a touchy subject for some. I'm not ashamed to tell people that I've survived both, during my childhood and my adult life. Indeed, my experience of this is one of the reasons I took my former employer to court this year, because I was pissed off with her attempts to bully me in the way she did. It was basically my way of saying that I wasn't going to take it any more.

So to all of those who posted comments and who reached out to me I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all of you. I owe a lot of you a big hug.

Take care guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment