Friday 26 April 2019

You Know What Annoys Me About Mrs. May?

Do you know what annoys me the most about Theresa May?

It’s not the fact that she’s probably the most ineffective Prime Minister the United Kingdom has had in years, or that she comes across as an extremely arrogant woman who just can’t understand why people, including a great number of those within her own party, have a different opinion to hers.

It’s these statements she makes. You know the ones. They’re either outside 10 Downing Street or in the press room inside, depending on what the weather’s like. You know the ones, the ones where there’s a lectern waiting for her so she can address the nation and go on about unity and how people have let her down and all that.

Think about it: she comes out, she says her piece, and then clears off. No greeting, no hello before she starts, and when she finishes she doesn’t thank you for watching her and doesn’t say goodbye.

To me that’s quite rude. Imagine if I turned up on your doorstep, knocked on your door and just started nattering on about something. Then I just walked away. Or imagine if I began an online conversation with you like that. You wouldn’t be too impressed with me, would you?

I know in the grand scheme of things this probably isn’t very important, and I know she’s got a lot on her plate at the moment, what with trying to convince everyone else in the country that her Brexit deal is the right deal, but come on Mrs. May, you could show some manners, and as my dear departed parents used to tell me manners cost nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment