Featured post

What Did Anglo-Force Look Like?

I've been playing around with one of those AI art generator things, generating images for some of the old Anglo-Force characters in a ...

Sunday 25 March 2018

At Least They Unblocked The Drains

Some of you may be wondering what happened after I posted my little piece about the state of the roads and wot-not in Suffield Park. In case you haven’t seen it yet then go there now.

Welcome back. Now you’ve seen the photos let me tell you what happened next. After posting a link to the blog on a couple of the Cromer pages on Facebook I logged onto the town council’s website and e-mailed a link to the piece to every member of the town council.

How many of them replied I hear you ask. How many of them took the time out to either reply to my e-mail or to post a comment on Facebook? Well, out of the fifteen people currently serving on our town’s council only one of them replied. Yep, just one.

Now I understand that they’re all busy people, and in some eyes my blog was nothing more than a rant about a few pot holes and cracked pavements, but I couldn’t help but feel greatly disappointed that just one person took the time out to reply to my concerns about my local area.

So to Tim Adams, former Mayor of Cromer and current local Councillor, thank you for taking the time out to address my concerns.

Has anything changed in the two months since I posted my blog? Well, the drains on Northrepps Road are no longer blocked, so I suppose that’s a start.

To be honest with you I doubt that anything will happen with regards to the other areas I addressed. I did consider sending a link to the district councillors, but I was put off by the lack of response from the town council.

In closing I would like to say thank you to those who posted comments on Facebook. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment