Thursday 6 October 2005

A Case Of Mistaken Identity

Latest news from the UKFF - I've been banned because they think I'm someone else! Oh well, bollocks to 'em. One thing I've learned in the past few weeks is that there's more to life than a stupid little forum. No doubt there'll be a spoof of what I've just said somewhere else on the internet in the next day or so.

The past couple of days has been spent looking for work, although I do actually look for work every day (except weekends). Three job applications from the job centre and one from the newspaper, so I'm over my quota of two applications a week. Things are kind of slow for people wanting to get back into the retail industry in this part of the world at the moment, with hardly any adverts in the press at all, which is a little surprising considering Christmas is just over two months away.


Still no joy with the good people at the job centre. I was meant to have one of those re-start interview thingys with them back in August, but I had to cancel it because of the glandular fever. Since then, they haven't even bothered to re-schedule another one. It's like they just don't give a toss anymore. Just keep filling his bank account every second Monday and he'll be happy. Well, I'd be more happy if they filled my account with more than £55 a week. Mind you, I'm not a sponging git shacked up with a fat chav and six unruly kids running round the local estate.

Work still hasn't progressed on the wrestling book front. Still stuck in 1994. I still haven't got a name for it, and please don't even suggest The Too Shifty Report.

Mind you, work has progressed on the Anglo-Force front. I'm using an idea that has been floating around in my mind for some twenty years now. But my problem is actually getting it down onto paper. My problem is that I seem to view things like this as a television show or film in my mind. I'm good at seeing it in my mind, but getting it down onto paper is another thing. And, of course, at the moment I can't sit in front of the PC typing for hours on end because of my shoulder injury.

Well, at least some of my work is in print form now! My review of WWE's book, Are We There Yet?, is in this month's edition of Wrestling Then & Now, an American-based newsletter. I'm not sure if it's available in this country, but you can check out the website at www.wrestlingthenandnow.com for ordering information. The newsletter's been up and running for years, so you know it's not done by one of those fly-by-night wannabe writers.

And it looks like I might be in another wrestling newsletter soon as well. Watch this space.

Still no new development on Julia's situation. It's good to see that Ricky is now getting back to normal. We had a nice long chat on the phone the other day about things. I really hope that this whole situation is resolved soon, and I have a feeling it could be. With Julia's birthday on October 19th, I have a gut feeling that this whole thing will be sorted out by then.

The old shoulder's starting to hurt again, so now might be a good time to bring this entry to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment